Contractors need to be on top of everything in their industry. Why? For many reasons! By staying up with current technologies, rules, developments, contractors remain relevant, knowledgeable, on top of their game, and are able to compete with other contractors for jobs. There are many technology tools out there to help contractors bring their expertise and business to a whole other level.
Here are some great web tools contractors should use to help them better themselves and their career as a whole.
- BRL-CAD – This program is a cross platform, open-source modeling system. It included interactive 3D solid geometry editing, high-performance ray-tracing support for rendering and geometric anaylsis, image and signal processing tools, network-distributed framebuffer support, path-tracing and photon mapping support for realistic image synthesis, and more! This CAD system has been used by the U.S. military for more than 20 years to model weapons systems. It is a collection of more than 400 tools, utilities, and applications with more than a million lines of source code.
- Inkscape – This is professional-quality vector graphic software that is able to run on Windows, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux. With this program, contractors can create graphics, illustrations, icons, logos, diagrams, web graphics, and maps.
- Wufoo – This program is an online form designer that can help contractors create all kinds of forms, like contact forms. This platform has more than 300 templates to work with and even allows the user to collect payments online through the forms.
- Basecamp – This is a web-based project management tool. This helps keeps everyone working on a project on the same page. Everything a person needs for this project lives in the same place, and it’s all organized. Basecamp allow lets people know what they should be doing on a project.
- LinkedIn – This social media platform allows people to create professional pages for themselves. In this tool, contractors can advertise/showcase themselves and their business. People can also promote other people’s skills and expertise on this site, and even write reviews.
Some other great web-based tools: Google Docs, Gimp, PDFCreator, Imperium, ProcessMaker, Dropbox, and WordPress.
Staying on top of things in the contracting world is crucial to a successful career. The above tools can help a contractor plan, organize, and work better. If you’re currently looking to apply or renew your Florida contractor’s license or need help forming or running your business, the team here can help make the process easier and faster for you. Please call us at 239-777-1028 to get help from us right away.