If you’re a high school graduate, college graduate or looking for a career change, why not become a plumber? The schooling to become a plumber is significantly cheaper than a 4-year college. The pay is good. Plumbers are always in demand, especially with the boom in construction over the past few years. As a contractor licensing company, we have helped hundreds of people get their plumbing contractor’s license. We have expertise in what it takes for you to become a licensed plumber. If you like working with your hands and figuring out problems, this could be the job for you.
For this article, we wanted to share with you several reasons you should consider a career in plumbing.
- Plumbers are some of the highest paid tradesman in the field. Anywhere from $40-100,000 a year depending on skill level, expertise, location, and clientele.
- You can get paid during your apprenticeship.
- There’s much room to grow up and up, title wise and salary wise. You can work your way to master and manager levels.
- You won’t get bored. Each day you will be in a different location solving a different problem.
- You’re active.
- You get to meet a lot of different people from clients to other tradesman.
- You can make connections to other contractors during jobs.
- There is a huge gap in manufacturing jobs, and plumbers are needed.
- Most plumbing businesses offer great benefits.
- Plumbers have a high job security. Not only are plumbers needed in new buildings, they are needed in older structures to repair and replace. A good plumber will always be able to find a job. You can’t outsource plumbing!
- You help people fix a problem.
- You not only get to use your hands, but there’s a lot of problem-solving skills in plumbing.
- Plumbers do all sorts of things from fixing toilets to designing plumbing systems to repairs water systems.
- If you go into business for yourself, plumbing can be extremely independent. You can choose your own schedule.
- Plumbers are highly respected.
- You never need to high a plumber for your own house/building again, which will save you money!
Plumbing can be a messy job, but as you can see from the reasons above, it is worth it. Since 2007, we have been helping people as Florida contractor licensing company. Let us help you get your Florida contractor’s license. We will work with you every step of the way. We know the exact deadlines and the requirements for the pollutant storage systems specialty. To get started on the Florida contractor license process, click our plumbing contractor’s license page, click here or call us at 239-777-1028.