Have you thought about a career as an electrical contractor? As an electrical contractor, your specialty is in electrical systems. You will design, install and maintain these systems. But remember, an electrical contractor is not an electrician. An electrical contractor is able to employ his or her own electricians; however, both an electrical contractor and electrician need a specific license to operate their businesses legally and safely.
We are a contractor licensing company who helps people get their Florida contractor’s license. When applying for a Florida electrical contractor’s license, you will have to deal with a lot of paperwork and items that need to be gathered. Sadly, there are a lot of ways the application process can go wrong. You can miss some paperwork; you could forget to fill out a certain section; you could miss a deadline. When you work with us, we are able to do all of this for you, and we’ve been doing this for years with a very high success rate. We can get you licensed fast in the state of Florida.
For the Florida electrical contractor’s license, here is a list of some items and experience you will need in order to be approved. All of this must occur in the years immediately preceding the filing of the application.
- Three years of management experience in the electrical trader within the last six years
- Four years of experience as a foreman, supervisor or contractor in the trade within the last eight years.
- Six years of comprehensive training, technical education or supervisory experience associated with an electrical or alarm contracting business.
- W-2s, K1s or Schedule Cs for all of the years of experience.
- Notarized Employment verifications
- Possible job list of five jobs per year of experience.
- Personal financial statement showing positive net worth.
- Business financial statement showing net worth of $10,000 for unlimited.
- Business and personal credit report.
For a more thorough and detailed list, visit the site of the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
If you’d like help getting a Florida electrical contractor’s license, let us help you. We will make it easy and fast for you. We have helped thousands get their license. Click here or call 239-777-1028.