Looking for work as a contractor in Fort Lauderdale? This is a great city to live and work! There’s lots of construction and projects where you will be needed. If you want to be a contractor in, Fort Lauderdale, you’ll need a contractor’s license!
Getting contractor license in Fort Lauderdale, Florida can be a time-consuming, stressful process. You can’t be a contractor in Florida legally without a contractor’s license.
This is good and bad for a few reasons but most importantly, it is good because it guarantees Florida residents that the work that they will receive will be top notch. On the other hand, contractors must go through a strict, semi-complicated, and long process to achieve appropriate licensure within the state. The application process can be tricky, which is why our Fort Lauderdale contractor licensing company can help you through the application process to get your approved the first time.
Florida has quite a few guidelines that aren’t followed in other states. It is important to take the proper necessary steps, so you can get licensed faster and won’t be out of work for long.
A Certified Contractor in Florida can contract work anywhere in the entire state of Florida. This is the better option for trade workers, as compared to Registered Contractors.
The guidelines and requirements for each license are a bit different, but here we will focus mainly on the requirements and guidelines to obtain a Certified Contractor License in the state of Florida.
- The person seeking a contractor license must have at least four years of experience in the field that they are seeking certification. At least one of the four years must be in a supervisor role. The four years of experience must be verified by a pre-existing Florida Certified Contractor, or a licensed engineer, building official, or architect.
- Applicants must successful complete the Florida Certified Contractor’s Examination.
- Candidates must have Worker’s Compensation (or exempt forms), Liability, and Property Damage Insurance.
- Applicants must also provide proof of satisfaction of liens and judgments, proper showing financial stability, a credit report, and a net worth requirement under Rule 61G4-15.005, FAC.
It sounds like a lot of work, but if you have the right people on your side helping you with the paperwork, it is a breeze to receive your Certified Contractor License in Florida. This contractor license will allow you to take work anywhere in the state, which will help you build your business, and open new doors for work opportunities.
Are you looking to get your Florida contractor’s license in Fort Lauderdale? The Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board issues certified contractor’s licenses to:
Division 1: general, building, and residential
Division 2: Mechanical, roofing, plumbing, Air conditioning class A, Air conditioning class B, Pollutant storage systems, Dry wall specialty, Solar, Sheet metal, Underground utility and excavation, Tank lining applicator, Gas line specialty, Solar water heating specialty, Commercial pool/spa, Residential pool/spa, Pollutant storage systems, Glass and glazing specialty, Pool/spa Servicing, and specialty.
To get a Fort Lauderdale contractor’s license, an applicant must pass an exam. To qualify for the exam, a person must be at least 18 years old and must meet at least one of the following bulleted items from the list below.
- A person must have a four-year construction-related degree from an accredited college and one-year related experience (that can be proven).
- A person must have one year of experience as a foreman and no less than three years of credits for any accredited college-level courses.
- A person must have one-year experience as a workman, one-year experience (proven) as a foreman, and two years of credits for any accredited college level courses.
- A person must have two years of experience as a workman, one-year experience as a foreman, and one year of credits for any accredited college level courses
- A person must have four years of experience as a workman or foreman of which at least one year must have been as a foreman
- A person must hold an active certified or registered Florida contractor’s license.
If you need help getting your contractor’s license in Fort Lauderdale, let us help you. We have helped thousands of people in Fort Lauderdale, and around Florida get licensed. The key to our success is that we don’t simply fill out forms. We analyze your work history by using the information strategically to build a winning application.
We are a Florida-based contracting company, but we also help people get licensed in other states, as well. Click contractor license in Fort Lauderdale page or call 239-777-1028 to get the process started today.