As a contractor licensing company, we work with contractors daily. We like to share important information with them. Since we help so many people become contractors, we thought that we’d share some statistics about the industry in the last few years.
- 7% of the total U.S. GDP was in construction.
- 77% of construction spending occurred in the private sector in 2018.
- Construction spending in the United States was at $1.23 trillion in 2017
- 14% in spending on home improvement projects in 2017.
- 6 million people worked in the construction industry in 2017.
- 15% of construction firms have more than 1,000 people on staff.
- $29.95 was the average hourly wage of construction workers in 2017.
- 52% of construction employees were born between 1960 and 1979.
- 32% of construction employees were born after 1980.
- 91% of construction workers are male.
- 89% of construction workers are white, 30% are Hispanic/Latino, 6% are black/African American, and 2% are Asian.
- 20% of construction occurs in NY, Dallas, Houston, LA, and Washington, D.C.
- The top 5 states renting equipment are California, Texas, Florida, New York, and Illinois.
- 64% of on-the-job-fatalities occurring from falls, electrocution, getting hit by an object or getting crushed.
- 1,034 fatalities occurred in 2016.
- 75% of construction firms promote themselves on social media.
- 37% of construction firms experiment with drones.
- 11% of contractors use wearable technology.
- Commercial construction brought in $85 billion in 2017, up 11% from 2016.
- 35% of construction-related companies increased their staff numbers in 2017.
- 82% of contractors agree that BIM (Building Information Modeling) is the future of project information
Want to be part of a growing and thriving industry? You’ll need to have your contractor license. It is illegal to work as a contractor without a license in many states.
We are a Florida contractor licensing company. We have contractors across the United States get their contractor license.
We submit a completed application to the Construction Licensing Board on your behalf.
To get your contractor license, click our Florida contractor’s license page to learn more or call 239-777-1028 to get started with us.